Macon Bicycle Accident Attorney
Macon, Georgia, is home to several parks and pedestrian areas that offer a variety of recreational activities for both locals and visitors. These parks and pedestrian areas offer a variety of opportunities to enjoy the outdoors and explore the city’s rich history by bicycle. However, accidents do happen. If you’ve been injured in a bicycle accident in Georgia, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and damages.
Our Macon bicycle accident attorney at Buzzell, Welsh & Hill can help navigate your claim, helping you get a fair settlement. If you were in a bike accident, contact us today for a free consultation to discuss your options and figure out a unique approach to your individual case.
What Causes Bicycle Accidents?
Common causes of bicycle accidents include:
- Collisions with motor vehicles: Accidents may occur when drivers fail to notice cyclists, make turns without checking for oncoming cyclists, or do not provide enough space when passing. In some cases, a driver may open a parked vehicle’s door without checking for approaching cyclists, causing the cyclist to collide with the door.
- Poor road conditions: Potholes, debris, uneven pavement, and poorly maintained bike lanes can lead to accidents. Cyclists may lose control or be forced into the path of oncoming traffic to avoid obstacles.
- Rider error: Cyclists may cause accidents by failing to follow traffic laws, riding while intoxicated, or not paying attention to their surroundings. Additionally, inexperienced riders may not have the necessary skills to navigate busy streets safely.
- Faulty equipment: Malfunctioning or poorly maintained bicycles can lead to accidents, especially if brakes or tires fail during a ride.
Common Bicycle Accident Injuries
Common injuries associated with bicycle accidents include:
- Head injuries: Head injuries, including concussions and traumatic brain injuries, are common in bicycle accidents, especially when cyclists are not wearing helmets.
- Fractures: Cyclists can suffer fractures to their arms, wrists, legs, or collarbones due to the impact of a collision or fall.
- Cuts and abrasions: Scrapes and cuts from contact with the pavement or other surfaces are common in bicycle accidents.
- Facial injuries: Falling onto the face or colliding with a vehicle or object can result in broken teeth, broken noses, or facial lacerations.
- Spinal injuries: A cyclist may suffer from neck or back injuries, including damage to the spinal cord, as a result of a crash.
- Internal injuries: Collisions can cause internal injuries, such as damage to organs, internal bleeding, or bruising.
To minimize the risk of bicycle accidents and injuries in Macon, GA, or any other city, it’s essential for cyclists to follow traffic laws, wear helmets and other protective gear, maintain their bicycles, and stay aware of their surroundings. Drivers should also be cautious, respectful, and aware of cyclists sharing the road.
Contact Our Proven Macon Bicycle Accident Attorney Today
If you’ve been injured in a bicycle accident in Macon, you may be entitled to compensation.
It’s essential to consult with an experienced Macon bicycle accident attorney who can guide you through the process and help you obtain the compensation you deserve. The attorneys at Buzzell, Welsh & Hill are here to help you have the strongest case possible and to win you the compensation that you deserve. Call today for your free consultation.