Stephen M. Welsh
Mr. Welsh has been practicing law since 1994 and specializes in workers compensation, bodily injury, and civil litigation law. He recently secured a 1.4 million dollar verdict for a veteran truck driver in the Superior Court of Laurens County. He has previously served as the Mercer Law Review Writing Editor, the Co-chair of the Georgia Workers Compensation Law Institute (2002), and at the State Board of Workers Compensation Annual Education Seminar as a panelist and speaker in 2008 and as an author and speaker in 1999. Mr. Welsh was also a host speaker at the 2015 State Board of Workers Compensation Annual Regional Seminar. He is an AV Rated attorney and holds several memberships, including the Trial Lawyers Association and American Association for Justice.
Mr. Welsh enjoys playing golf and traveling, and was listed by Best Lawyers© in 2009 and 2010. He holds several memberships as well, including the Trial Lawyers Association and American Association for Justic
- AV Rated attorney
- State Bar of Georgia
- American Bar Association
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Macon Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Georgia Workers Compensation Claimants Lawyers
- B.A., Political Science, Duke University (1990)
- J.D., Mercer University (Cum Laude, 1994)
- “Good Sports, Bad Sports, and Spoiled Sports: Ethical Lessons Learned in Athletics that Impact Professional Existence” – Georgia State Board of Workers’ Compensation Annual Education Conference, 2016
- “Common Law Defenses and Misconceptions” – Georgia State Board of Workers’ Compensation Annual Education Conference, 2015
- 2018 State Board of Workers’ Compensation’s Annual Regional Education Seminar on April 26th in Atlanta.
- 2020 Adjunct professor at Mercer Law School for the Workers’ Compensation class.