Top 8 Causes for Georgia Car Accidents
Georgia can be a pretty scary place to drive, Atlanta already being known for it’s heavy traffic. I-85 and I-75 are included as some of the U.S.’s highest ranked highways for fatalities. Because Georgia can be such a dangerous place to drive, it is important to understand what possible causes there are for these accidents as this awareness could lead to better accident prevention.
Common Car Accident Causes
There can be many factors that play into a car accident. For example, each year there about 1,000 people who die from accidents due to red light violations. This could be due to distracted drivers or even aggressive driving. This is, however, just one of the many possible causes that we should be aware of that could help keep us safe. Here are the top causes of car accidents in Georgia:
- Weather issues
- Unsafe lane changes
- Failure to yield at signs
- Drunk driving
- Inexperienced or new drivers
- Reckless, aggressive or distracted driving
- Poorly maintained vehicles or design defects
Georgia Accident Statistics
Here are some other statistics that may surprise you:
- It is estimated that drivers using handheld devices are four times as likely to get into a crash than those who refrained from using these devices.
- Drunk driving accounts for a large portion of auto accidents. Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) estimates that there are 300,000 cases for drunk driving each day.1
- Fulton, DeKalb, Gwinnett and Cobb Counties are the highest ranked counties for fatalities in Georgia
Reach out to an attorney at Buzzell, Welsh & Hill
If you have been in a car accident or received injuries from a crash, let Buzzell, Welsh & Hill’s auto accident attorneys help you get the compensation you deserve.
To schedule a free consultation, call us at (478) 217-2072 or complete our contact form.