5 Holiday Accidents to Avoid
The holidays are a time to celebrate with family and friends, but it can also be a dangerous time during which an accident or injury may come about. Many types of accidents can occur during the holidays. Our team of Macon personal injury law attorneys developed a short list of holiday accidents to avoid.
Holiday Accidents List:
- Don’t get fried by the turkey! Many holiday-related homeowners’ insurance claims involve damage caused by exploding turkey fryers. If you plan to fry a turkey this holiday season, follow the directions in the recipe (including the most important one – do not deep fry a frozen turkey!). Better yet, ask for help from your know-it-all uncle who is always offering up unsolicited advice about everything else!
- Guest-proof the House: If you plan to have guests in your home, put down door mats and rugs in places where guests may track in moisture from outside your home. This can prevent slips and falls from occurring. If small children will be around, put up baby gates around stairways and be sure to cover electrical outlets.
- Roads: Be careful on the roadways this holiday season. In addition to increased holiday traffic, motorists can be easily distracted while driving in wintry weather conditions. An unexpected rear-end collision caused by a shopper who was texting and driving can result in major damage to you and your car.
- Slips, trips, and falls: If you do any last-minute holiday shopping, be careful entering and exiting stores. With so much foot traffic this time of year, entry ways can be slippery after light rains. Stores aisles may also be littered with stray boxes left behind by rabid bargain-hunters. Be mindful of your surroundings!
- Candles: Blow out your candles. Candlelight is beautiful and symbolic of the holiday season. If you light holiday candles, be sure to extinguish them before you turn in for the night!
Ensure You and Your Family Are Safe This Holiday Season
The personal injury attorneys at Buzzell, Welsh & Hill want to wish you and your family a safe and sound holiday. In the event that you or a family member experiences an untimely accident or injury this holiday season, contact our attorneys. We will gladly assist you with your personal injury claim and review your options. With over 90 years of combined personal injury experience, our team of Macon attorneys will aggressively pursue your case and ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
To schedule a free consultation today, contact us at (478) 217-2072 or complete our contact form.